Re: simple FRED question

In article <3n3dcb$kii@kernighan.cs.umass.edu> DAN NEIMAN,
dann@cs.umass.edu writes:
>     OK, I've read the (MCL 2.0) manual, tried apropos, and
>asked the local gurus, and still can't get an answer to a fairly
>simple question.   How do I change the wrap margin in my FRED window?
>It insists on wrapping automatically and I've been unable to either
>turn it off, or change the wrap margin.

Look at the documentation for fred-wrap-p.
  (setf (fred-wrap-p <fred-window>) nil)
will turn off wrapping.

BTW, the way I found this was
  1) apropos "wrap"  -- returned way too much stuff
  2) apropos "wrap-p" -- returned short list including fred-wrap-p
     (lucky guess)
  3) search the on-line doc for "fred-wrap-p".

Maybe someone else can say how to set the fill margin; I forget.
It's some obscure EMACS keystroke, I think.

--
Tom McDougal    University of Chicago Artificial Intelligence
     mailto:mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu