Re: Modal Dialogs on the Macintosh

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Tom Bonura wrote:

> >In our group we just finished an application that mainly consists of a
> >sequence of modal dialogs.
> >
> >We had some discussion in the group whether this is allowed by the
> >interface guidelines or should be considered poor style.
> >
> >Can perhaps some point me to the relevant chapter in IM or somewhere else
> >to clarify this point
> >
> >bye
> >
> >Karsten

One of our prof's here at TTU (my major professor...) is currently
working on discovering how modal and/or nonmodal dialogs effect research
subjects' (I hate that terminology) during interactive use of a computer.

You may want to look up, and expect new articles from Dr. Terence Ahern.
I'm forwarding your message to him so he may respond to you directly.

_don

| Don Winiecki            | Office: AD/ED 233a         |    Office Hours    |
| Texas Tech University   |                            |                    |
| College of Education    | Tele: (806) 742-2397       |    Summer, 1995    |
| Box 41071               |                            |                    |
| Lubbock, TX. 79409-1071 | Email: IBDon@ttacs.ttu.edu |  Watch this space  |