Re: drag & drop w/in same view

Tom Bonura wrote:
>... As you can see from
>Dan's work, there is a lot of overhead to doing this (both cognitive and
>computational) but that overhead is more than outweighed by the benefits.
>
>If you are just concerned with dragging and dropping within a view then
>Mark's suggestions and utilities should do nicely.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was using Matthew Cornell's drag-&-drop stuff
but it had an obscure bug in it which was driving me crazy.  And, it didn't
allow dragging w/in a view.  So I thought I would try using the drag
manager for robustness and also for the "fun" of understanding it.  But,
your advice sounds sensible.  I'll look again at the oodles-of-utils stuff
(some of which I use already) and at Oliver Steele's D&D.

--
Tom McDougal    University of Chicago Artificial Intelligence
     mailto:mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu