buffering read-char

Is there any easy way of buffering read-char. I'm porting an app from UNIX
and don't want to process my input until the user has entered a newline.
MCL
seems to return as soon as a key is pressed, which isn't the desired
effect.

thanks in advance,
simon.
--
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this posting in any
form,