Re: uncompressing .Z files

> >How can I uncompress a .Z file on a Mac.
> >BALLS@ccc.medcolpa.edu
>
> Try MacGzip, a freeware Gnu zip decoder.
> - Steve Hain

StuffIt Deluxe will do the standard UNIX compress/uncompress quite
nicely, but of course you have to pay for it.  I haven't tried MacGzip
on ".Z" files, but I have tried it---and was unsuccessful---on ".z"
files, thinking it would do the same thing gunzip does in UNIX; but
maybe I was wrong to assume this(?).

Al Reich

  \ Alfred J. Reich, Ph.D.                | (512) 386-4178 Office
 _ \ Knowledge-Based Systems              | (512) 386-4445 FAX
/ \ \ Lockheed Martin - Austin Operations | reich@austin.lockheed.com
======= Austin, TX 78760-7100 (http://www.lmsc.lockheed.com/LAD/lad.html)