Distributed Client/Server Apps in MCL, ACL/W and C++?

We are about to reimplement our expert-system shell in a client/server
manner. What we really would like to have is a totally distributed system
on different machines communicating over a network.

Since we use mostly Macs, the stuff should run on MCL and CodeWarrior, but
ideally it should work under Windows NT using ACL/WINDOWS and BorlandC++
or Vc++ as well.

A recent article in a German AI magazine claimed that Corba 2.0 is one way
to implement such systems, and i vaguely remember that ILU (Xerox PARC
Inter-Language Unification) should provide exaclty the functionality
needed for that.

As far as I know the current ILU provides an implementation for ACL/Unix,
but neither for MCL nor for ACL/Windows.

Has anybody already tried to use ILU on Mac/Windows or could estimate the
effort to port it? Are there easier or other ways to achieve the
functionality we want?

Any hints appreciated

Karsten

 Karsten A. Poeck, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI, Universitaet Wuerzburg
 Allesgrundweg 12, 97218 Gerbrunn, Germany
 E-mail: poeck@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
 Tel ++ 49  931 70561 17, Fax ++ 49 931 70561 20
 http://wi6a76.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/HTMLs/ls6-info/Assis/poeck/poeck.html