Re: Read-only text scrollable dialog item: HOW?

In article <v01510103abe6a3dbeeda@[128.135.11.51]>,
mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu (Tom McDougal) wrote:

> In article <enrico.ballarin-dolfin-2205950900160001@137.156.227.57>, you
write:

> >How can I define a read-only scrollable dialog item with following behaviour:
> >
> >- you can every time assign (or modify) text to the dialog item by program.
> >- it should be possible to assign a text longer than 32K.
> >- the user cannot write, edit or select anything in the dialog item.
> >- the user can scroll the text in the dialog item.
> >
> >Basically this means a dialog item similar e.g. as that in "Disinfectant
> >3.6" Help.
> >

> If what you really want is the Disinfectant help dialog, you might consider
> using the AWOL "Help on Wheels" utility which is supposed to be
> transportable, reusable code for doing exactly that.  Check your favorite
> local sumex-aim info-mac mirror and get the file:
>  info-mac/dev/help-on-wheels-12.hqx

Thanks, but what I'm looking for is how to define read-only scrollable
dialog items for text, to be used not only for help purpouse and to be
combined with other dialog items on the same dialog.

I think I have to combine a scroller with a buffer and a view (or may be
with a static-text-dialog-item) or use a fred-dialog-item and try to find
a way to make it read-only and not selectable.

But HOW?

Thanks in advance!

Enrico

--