Apple events in toplevel loops

The other day I wrote in info-mcl:

>Writing an application (without a Listener) in MCL requires a new toplevel
>loop.

[... stuff deleted ...]

>Everything works ... :-)
>However, my simple toplevel loop does not care for apple events like |:odoc|.

It seems to me that the original MCL 2.0 correctly processes apple events.
The problem occurs after loading the p1 patch.

The original MCL 2.0 application allows files to be opened by (e.g.
double-clicking a file icon) while a file is compiled. After loading the p1
patch the file is shown in the editor only after the compilation has been
finished, i.e., MCL is idle again.

I would prefer the original behavior :-)

Ralf