SUMMARY: IIci Accelerators for MCL

MCLists:

Some time back, I'd asked for info about:
Subject: Re: Best/Safest IIci Accelerator for MCL use?

I got two informative replies, and several requests to see a summary, so
here goes!

Thanks to Bob and Mark!

-Dick

========== From: Mark Westling <westling@starbase.mitre.org> ==========

I'm running MCL 2.0p2 on my IIci using a Daystar Turbo '040
accelerator, 33 MHz, with external cache card.  I did have
to obtain a patch from Apple (specifically, Bill St.Clair),
though, but it now works fine (and *very* speedy, too).

I decided to get the Daystar '040 board for two reasons: (1)
it's cheap compared to the Radius Rocket, and (2) Daystar
has a nice upgrade policy--every time they release a faster
board, they let current owners upgrade for a much reduced
price.  I ordered my board from "Hardware That Fits" for
about $1350.

If you do get the Daystar board, ask Bill St. Clair for the
"MMU for IIci" patch, or if you like, I'll send it to you.

--Mark Westling

========== From: hall@allegra.att.com (Bob Hall) ==========

Here is a copy of my summary of replies I got when I asked essentially
the same question a few months ago.