Real Numbers and KCL

Hello,
   I hope that this got through, with your arpanet problems and all.

   I am running KCL on the Silicon Graphics Iris and have been having
   some strange problems with real numbers.
   For instance, when I type : 54.4 it returns something like
                               54.4000019
   Which to me is not very good. Also functions like ROUND, FLOOR,
   TRUNCATE, and CEILING return some very strange values that are
   no where near being right. Is it our machine or is it KCL?

   Please help
                          Thanks
                                Craig Barnes