Connection C-KCL (Bug)

	Consider the following C procedure which just redefines the "fork"
system call.

int ctest ()
{
  int i;
  i = fork();
  return(i);
}

	When compiled an executed in the following C program :
#include <syscall.h>
#include <stdio.h>

main ()
{
   ctest();
}

<the procedure>

	It works  just  fine.   When  I integrate  it  to KCL through   the
following Lisp function :

(defentry ltest () (int ctest))

	The compilation and the linker work fine, BUT when I try to load it
in KCL I have the following message :

KCl (Kyoto Common Lisp)  June 3, 1987

>(load "test")
Undefined:
_fork

Error: The linkage editor failed.
Error signalled by LOAD.

Broken at LOAD.  Type :H for Help.
>>:q

	Other system calls like "exit", "read", "dup2",  do work but "fork"
is not alone in the "unworking"  group "creat", "link",  and (surprisingly)
"dup" do not work either. And, most interesting, in my earlier version of
KCL this bug doesn't occur !
	I'll be very happy if some one could explain me this behavior, it
is very important to the connection of other systems (in my case Reduce and
Prolog) to KCL.
	Thanks in advance

 Guilherme BITTENCOURT             +-----+      gb@lifia.imag.fr
 L.I.F.I.A.                        | <0> |
 46, Avenue Felix Viallet          +-----+
 38031 GRENOBLE Cedex - FRANCE                     (33) 76574668