AKCL lsp/sloop & lsp/debug

Hello,
  It seems that whenever I attempt to build AKCL (in this case, version
1.470) on a VAX 8600, the executable 'raw_kcl' never builds.  I get the
following errors:

ld: premature end of file in symbol segment of ../lsp/sloop.o
--and--
ld: premature end of file in symbol segment of ../lsp/sloop.o

The source code for sloop.c and debug.c is very small, and I would think
that they should be considerably larger for the first pass of the build.

I don't understand why I get this error.  This doesn't happen when building
AKCL on a sun3 (OS4), but it always pops up for me on the VAX 8600.
I am using the 1-470 tar distribution from rascal.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Steven Bancroft
University of California, Davis
bancroft@iris.ucdavis.edu