Compiling PCL under KCL.

| Date: Thu, 20 Jun 91 19:45:28 -0500
| From: nick@gal4.ge.uiuc.edu
|

| Has anyone who has compiled PCL under AKCL seen this occur.  I have gotten
| most of PCL to compile, but it seems to get locked into an endless loop.
| It starts compiling gazonk0.lsp, and will not stop doing so.  It never
| loads it, just compiles it over, and over, and over.  So, when I stop
| it and retry, it starts compiling gazonk1.lsp over and over again.  It is
| obviously creating this file, and then compiling it, but why?  And how can
| I complete the compilation?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Nick N.
| nick-n@uiuc.edu

AKCL is a file compiler....and PCL compiles things on the fly for
efficiency.....that is why you see the file gazonk0.lsp being compiled
and (supposed to be loaded)....I have had no problems compiling pcl
into akcl, but that was with version 5.1....I think there is a version
5.3 of akcl has come out.....I'm not sure why gazonk0 just keeps being
created and compiled endlessly...

tonyc