HELP: compiling AKCL on Sun 4/110

[This is an article I posted earlier today to comp.lang.lisp; I apologize to
those who have already seen it.]

Folks,

I obtained AKCL version 1.53 from cli.com, and am trying to bring it
up on a Sun 4/110 running SunOS 4.1.

It ran through the first make without problems, but by the time it got
to the second make, unixport/saved_kcl choked its cookies.  This is
from the make -f Smakefile:

   (cd lsp; make all)
   Segmentation violation: c stack ok:signalling error
   Unrecoverable error: segmentation violation.
   ../xbin/if-exists: 27461 Abort - core dumped
   cc -DVOL=  -I/usr/local/src/akcl153/o -temp=. -O -c   -I../h arraylib.c
   cpp: arraylib.c: No such file or directory
   *** Error code 2
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `arraylib.o'
   Current working directory /usr/local/src/akcl153/lsp
   *** Error code 1
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
   Current working directory /usr/local/src/akcl153
   *** Error code 1
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

The important bit is the saved_kcl dying.  I made no changes to the
sun4.defs file (except pointing it to the kcl location (I also
obtained the kcl sources from cli.com)).

does anyone have any suggestions, or alternate locations for getting
AKCL?  Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

--

Rob Wargaski