building akcl 1.600 on a pmax (dec3100) ????

	I am having trouble building the latest version of kcl and I was
hoping someone might have an idea.  I builds relatively fine on the
5000 (iteration.c and read.[cd] could only be compiled without the VOL being
defined.), but when I go to build saved_kcl it goes into an infinite loop.
It seems tht when raw_kcl loads up autoload.lsp, this file must make a
reference to a function not yet defined in kcl.  And since the error handler
has not yet been defined, kcl goes into an infinite loop.

	Has anyone had a similar experience with building akcl 1.600 on
a pmax.

	Thanks for any advice,
	greg