ARS-MAGNA/NISP from YALE and AKCL

   I've been having a couple of problems trying to
get the ARS-MAGNA robot simulator to run in AKCL 1.615, one
minor and one major.  I'm corresponding with the KCL bb to
see if others may have had the same problems

Minor problem:  NISP defines several operators prefixed by '!',
   such as !=, !>, !<, and so forth.  These expressions seem to
   cause the AKCL lisp reader problems, but it's nothing that sed
   (used on the NISP source) can't cure.

Major problem:  In running the NISPTEST code, I get the following

;Error: An illegal BOA constructor.
;Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
;Error signalled by FUNCALL.
;Broken at DEFSTRUCT.  Type :H for Help.

(DEFSTRUCT
    (ABCSTR-STRUCT (:INCLUDE OBJECT-KERNEL)
        (:CONSTRUCTOR MAKE-ABCSTR-STRUCT
            (A B C &AUX
               (HANDLER #'(LAMBDA (OP)
                            (SELQ OP
                                  (GET-B #'(LAMBDA (S N)
                                             (IGNORE S N)
                                             NIL))
                                  (FLOP #'(LAMBDA (S) (IGNORE S) NIL))
                                  (T NIL))))))
        (:PREDICATE IS-ABCSTR-STRUCT)
        (:PRINT-FUNCTION
            (LAMBDA (S P IGNORE-LEVEL)
              (DECLARE (IGNORE IGNORE-LEVEL))
              (IGNORE S P)
              NIL)))
  C)

  The appearance of the #' in the :CONSTRUCTOR slot seems to
cause the problem.  The only entry of akcl-ChangeLog that I could
find that is similar is:

Sat Oct  6 08:08:47 1990  Bill Schelter  (wfs at nicolas.ma.utexas.edu)

        * change assoc in list.d so (assoc nil '(nil (nil . a))) --> (nil
        . a)
          also change cmpfun.lsp in the compiler for this. (bug rep mccain)
        * Allow #' in the (:print-function  #'(lambda (..))  defstruct option
          (bug report baxter)

   I would appreciate any feedback that you can give me.

   Thanks.

         Bill Bynum
         Department of Computer Science
         College of William and Mary