Re: LISP vs. APL

I believe that I originated the line regarding LISP vs. APL.
I still like the original version better than the Sussman/Steele
one. Here goes:
APL is like a diamond. If you try to extend it, that is like adding
faces to the original ones, and the diamond will not shine
as much. LISP is like a bean bag. Attempts to 'improve' upon
it, with a new syntax, for example, will have the same effect
as a bean bag. That is, the lispiness will shine right through.