Re: #| ... |#

I agree that having ;;; at the front of each line is nicer for
several reasons that using #| ... |#.  Unfortunately, there are
things you can do easily with #|...|# that you can't with ;;;
because most editors won't support them.  For example, if I have
extensive paragraphed comments, I can't rejustify the paragraph
in most editors without first removing the ;;;'s.  Similarly,
I can't grind commented-out (or intended-as-comment) LISP code.
#|...|# trivially permits such operations.  (Note that MIDAS
has a similar facility, and it tends to be used sparingly;
most MIDAS programmers prefer ;;; to COMMENT whenever feasible.
But COMMENT has its uses.)