Re: #| ... |# = /* ... */

I vote no.  If the #| ... |# is used for long comments, it will
probably take some variant of the folloing form:

#| Mumble...
 |#
for readability, just as /* ... */ has in other languages.  Thus
the original argument about not having some "comment character"
at the beginning of the line loses its meaning.  What we do need
is to make editors smarter about ;;;'s so text comments can be
manipulated more easily.  i. e., it would be nice if Meta-Q worked.