Re: destructuring and &mumbles

    Date: 1 October 1980 03:54-EDT
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW at MIT-AI>

    Actually, I don't think GLS was talking about the use of &mumbles in
    DEFMACRO; he was comparing the use of &mumbles in DEFUN to destructuring
    in DEFMACRO.  The &mumbles in DEFMACRO didn't have anything to do with
    it.

The case was made that &rest had something to do with destructuring.
I was giving my reasons why &mumbles have nothing to do with
destructuring, my reasons have to do with the way they interact in
defmacro (badly).  GLS may have not been talking about &mumbles in
defmacro, but I was.  Can't I introduce some ideas of my own to the
discussion?

I can't believe it.  I'm arguing about the correctness of my argument
with the people I am trying to agree with!