[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: null LAMBDA bodies?
- To: JONL at MIT-MC, LISP-FORUM at MIT-MC
- Subject: Re: null LAMBDA bodies?
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <dlw at MIT-AI>
- Date: Mon ,1 Dec 80 13:50:00 EDT
- Sender: dlw at CADR8 at MIT-AI
I agree with KMP; all of those things should be permitted. That is
exactly the sort of thing that macros can generate easily. After all,
we allow PROGs (and therefore DOs) with null bodies; we should also
allow PROGNs (and therefore LETs, LAMBDAs, etc) with null bodies. Also
note that COND clauses have an "implicit PROGN" which may be empty. I
think it is important that the language be consistent about this, for
the sake of clarity, and also that it allow empty PROGNs for the sake of