Re: Thoughts on GLS's (non)suggestion

JAR isn't on line very often, so maybe I can tell you what he
told me when he was thinking about this very problem as he
first started working on the NIL project.

It was his intention to have the Interpreter and Compiler use
the CLASS system which was native to NIL, in a natural way for
controlling all the semantics of all macroexpansions/transformations/
optimizations which the system and user would be privi to.

This means you would not have to be as simpleminded as some of
the suggestions lately, but still be able to win if the CLASS
system and filesystem {whatever communication channels are}
was reliable {understandable}. -my opinion.

-gjc