Re: Flush Old I/O symbols in MacLISP?

    Date: 30 January 1981 19:52-EST
    From: George J. Carrette <GJC at MIT-MC>
    Subject: Flushable functions?
    I think these symbols are flushable from the default environment:
    UWRITE, UFILE, UKILL, UREAD, UPROBE, UAPPEND, CRUNIT, UCLOSE.
    I can't believe that any system code depends on them or that
    any large-system programmer couldn't do without them.
    For people with old-code I think a well-advertised old-maclisp
    compatibility file would suffice.
RWK has suggested an autoloadable function  which would simply putprop a
lot of autoload properties for "useful" MacLISP facilities.  A long
time ago, such a thing existed on the LIBLSP directory in order to
put autoload properties for each function thereon.