Re: Function cells

   Since it was I who initiated this discussion, I feel it behoves me
to reply to Dave Moon.

   For the most part the messages on the subject of function cells have
been concise and factual. I do not wish to slander anybody but 'flaming'
only became a problem when some people from MIT joined. The message length
problem has been exacerbated by the popularity of inserting ones own
comments into a message to construct a reply. An alternative is a few
minutes with a pencil and paper, and serves to clarify the mind wonderfully.

   The subject matter seems entirely suited to lisp-forum; one cannot
always expect everything in such a digest to be of interest to everyone,
thus I find your reaction surprising and somewhat churlish.

    I hope you take these remarks in the spirit in which they are intended.

--Julian Padget.
-------