[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: I have forgotten what this is all about; can you illuminate?
- To: Masinter at PARC-MAXC
- Subject: Re: I have forgotten what this is all about; can you illuminate?
- From: VITTAL at BBNG
- Date: Tue, 12 May 1981 20:04:46 -7000
- Date: 12 May 1981 2300-EDT
- Cc: vanMelle at PARC, Yonke at BBND, Hartley at BBND,
- Cc: Lewis at BBND
- Mail-from: Arpanet host BBNG rcvd at 12-MAY-81 2004-PDT
Larry and Bill:
There are some JSYS differences between TOPS20 releases that require
knowing what release you are running. There is no way to find out
from TOPS20 what release is being run, so the TOPS20.RELEASE file
came into being. If I remember right, one of the primary places
that required knowing that information was in the implementation
of the USERNAME and DIRECTORYNAME functions.
The value in the file should be just a number; it is read with the