Files and status

I have been doing some shuffling of files in the last week or so,
and thought I might warn anyone attempting to FTP files from
PARC-MAXC about the current status:

FILES MOVING:
We have abandoned at PARC the special compiler and local
microcode for Interlisp-Maxc, because our local use of Interlisp-10
has diminished to the point where it was no longer worth the
effort to recompile all system files both for <NETLISP> and for
local use. There was thus no reason to keep separate copies of
files on the <NETLISP> directory, and I have been
moving/recompiling files to <LISP> and to <LISPUSERS>.

	former location		current location

	<NETLISP>*.COM		<LISP>*.COM
	<NETLISP>NETLISP.SAV	<LISP>NETLISP.SAV
	<NETLISPUSERS>*.COM	<LISPUSERS>*.COM

(We are still using some special Maxc-only features in LISP.MAC,
so that you should NOT retrieve [parc-maxc]<SUBSYS>LISP.SAV
and will not need <LISP>MAXC*.*.)

LOADUP STATUS:
We are currently testing a version <LISP>NETLISP.SAV;144. I have
found in this version several small glitches, to the point that I
would NOT recommend retrieving this version. I will send out
a message again when there is a new system in which I have
more confidence.

FILE REORGANIZATION:
For those that load up their own systems: I have reorganized the files
which formerly were in "filegroups" so that they could be compiled
independently. For those who run their own loadups, it may be
necessary to alter your loadup procedure, as:

	PRETTY.COM -> PRETTY.COM, COMMENT.COM
	EDIT.COM -> EDIT.COM, WEDIT.COM
	WTFIX.COM -> WTFIX.COM, DWIMIFY.COM, CLISP.COM

[n.b. to LispDiscussion: you might consider altering your compilation
proceedures to no longer BCOMPL those files together; if you use
LOADUP, I also have altered versions of LOADUP.LISP. When
retrieving files, look on <NEWLISP> first, then on <LISP>, as some
of these changes are only in the <NEWLISP> files.]