Re: CLASS-DIRECT-INSTANCES?

  Date:	Mon, 11 Feb 1991 14:21:32 PST
  From:	Jon L White <jonl@lucid.com>
  Subject: CLASS-DIRECT-INSTANCES?
  To:	mop.PARC@xerox.com

  The following reply to a query on comp.lang.clos give one more inch
  of evidence for the utility of the phrases "direct instances" and
  "indirect" or "derived" instances.

      Date: Mon, 11 Feb 91 14:08:44 MST
      From: egdorf@zaphod.lanl.gov (Skip Egdorf)
      To: mikeb@ford-wdl1.ARPA
      Cc: commonloops@cis.ohio-state.edu
      Subject: RE: accessing clos objects
      . . .
         I have implemented such a metaclass using the accessors for
      class name-object mapping as a model. This scheme allows
      (class-direct-instances class), (instance-name object),
      (find-instance obect), and (setf (instance-name object) ...) on any
      instances of classes of this new metaclass.
      . . .

  Out of curiosity, is this email disucssion list "dead" now?  Is there
  going to be any further discussion of the "pink" book?

  -- JonL --

I've only hurd rumors about the "pink" book.  What is it, and how do i
borrow a copy i can read?