4.2

     This idea is fine with me.  The only things I object to are trying to
     put this into the middle of a discussion on compilation when it is
     really a conformance requirement that applies equally to both
     interpreted and compiled programs....

Cough, cough, you'll recall that my minor remarks on the compilation
chapter asked the question how much of this should apply to both the
compiler and interpreter, and ....

All I'm trying to do is see whether there is some concensus among this
smaller group before doing anything about it in the larger group.

				-rpg-