European discussion

The reason I'm worried is that, as I understand it, there will
presumably just be one ISO Lisp (maybe a nested subset family), not
several highly different ISO Lisps.  If we enter the ISO forum hoping to
make Common Lisp be ISO Lisp, but Common Lisp can't be accepted without
the agreement of various Europeans who think that ISO Lisp ought to be
something very different from Common Lisp, then we may not get anywhere.

Are you saying that there could be several ISO Lisp efforts, each
working on defining very different Lisps?  Are you sure, or should we
ask Mathis?  I admit that I still have very little idea how all this ISO
stuff really works.