European discussion

Well, if there's just one ISO Lisp and it's not us, or if we even have
to make major compromises, then we move on to plan B.  I don't see why
that should be the case, however.  Common Lisp and Scheme are easily as
different in their details and their goals as, say, Pascal and Ada.  And
even if it must all be "Lisp", other languages have multiple levels, so
the French subset proposal (if it remains a subset) could fit in there
very nicely.

We'll have to discuss this with Mathis, but I think that our working
assumption is that we can propose multiple standards if that makes
sense.

-- Scott