Committee

We obviously have to contact these people before we go public with any
list, but it seems to me that the proper order is first for the gang of
seven to decide who we want on the committee, and then to ask the
nominees if they want to serve.  It's a bit awkward in some cases to ask
a person if he would be willing to serve, and then to decide that we
don't want the person after all.  Probably Mathis and Squires just
rubber-stamp what we want to do, but they might have some ideas of their
own that we should hear before approaching poeple.  I'd especially like
to hear what Mathis thinks about Chailloux and the French connection.

-- Scott