Cartwright etc

    There is always the reproach that the committee is tightly ingrown; this
    is what prompted my suggestion of Cartwright.  He is outside the Common
    Lisp clique but is aware of Lisp issues in general.

The gang of five is certainly ingrown, but I don't think that any
committee containg such people as Bobrow, Griss, and Rees could be
considered ingrown.  To me the question is whether we can include
someone with good academic credentials but who has so far shown no
interest at all in Common Lisp or its immediate precursors when we are
excluding people who have done implementations and who have offered lots
of suggestions (even if they were dumb suggestions).

-- Scott