seventeenth time.

    Date: 11 Mar 86  1256 PST
    From: Dick Gabriel <RPG at SU-AI.ARPA>
    ...  I believe that things will be more rational and smooth than the old
    way, but I could be wrong....

If, under this new committee scheme, decisions can be made more efficiently
and less painfully, then I am willing to participate.  Unfortunately there
is no way to find out what it will be like without trying it.  If I accept,
I can't really guarantee that I will be able to contribute as fully as
everyone might wish.

So yes, I'm agreeing to be on the committee, as long as it is clear that I
have reservations about my ability to fulfill the requirements.  I will
guarantee to give it a good try.