Mailing Lists

I think that the level of privacy you describe is quite adequate.  My
basic concern was that we be able to send each other messages of the
form, "What are we going to do to shut up this turkey, he's ruining the
debate" (which would of course never apply to any of US), "If we decide
this way, it is really going to screw company X, but they're not an
important player here and they'll just have to take their lumps" and
things like that.  The idea is that we should all know precisely who is
listening when we're discussing sensitive decisions, and that is
currently not the case with the full Common-Lisp list.

-- Scott