[fateman: ANSI stuff]

Dan,

Fateman's message was not a flame in the normal sense, but I thought I
detected a certain undercurrent of sarcasm and hostility, plus a desire
to trap us by making it a contest of publication lists, which he could
probably win.

Anyway, I agree that we should not be drawn into a position where we
would have to justify explicitly why we picked X over Y.  We've done
what we were charged to do.  Fateman is not going to be happy in any
event, and we shouldn't give him ammunition with which to stir up
allies.  But it probably would be wise to respond to his request that we
explain the qualifications of those who were chosen.

Anyway, let's see what RPG comes up with.

-- Scott