Thoughts on membership

I believe we ought to proceed with the committee as it is, but agressively
pursue the industry representatives approach (one spokesman per company,
etc). The reason I lobbied for some official title, etc, for such people
was so that the companies not represented on the committee would be able
to say, ``oh, yes, we're on the Royal High Poobah Advisory Committee for
X3J13.''

This latter requirement, PR, is exactly what companies like Franz want to
obtain, and we should give it to them somehow. The PR requirement is
counter to the workings of the committee. We will have to decide many
issues rapidly, and I believe there will be a groundswell of requests to
`fix' warts in Common Lisp, and we don't need n randoms on the committee
just so that PR companies can have 1 more bullet to put on brochures.

			 -rpg-