[no subject]

    Date: Wed, 6 Aug 86 19:30:29 nzt
    From: Facilities Committee <facility%cantuar.waterloo.edu at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
    To:   scheme < at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA, at watmath.waterloo.edu:scheme@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>

    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 86 10:44:24+1200
    From: wolfgang@cantuar.Waterloo.edu (W. Kreutzer)
    To: SCHEME@MIT-MC.csnet@watmath.Waterloo.edu
    Subject: Chez Scheme

    We would be interested in more info on Chez Scheme. Who can we contact ?
    Since we are using an experimental connection from New Zealand, please
    reply through either: wolfgang%cantuar@waterloo.csnet  OR
     ...watmath!cantuar!wolfgang. Thanks.  w.kreutzer Univ. of Canterbury, NZ

Implementation:     Chez Scheme
Authored by:        Kent Dybvig
Supported by:       limited support by the author
Hardware:           VAX
Operating Systems:  4.2 BSD UNIX (or ULTRIX)
Implementation:     incrementally compiled to native code
Intended Use:       education and research
Price:		    Per site: $400 for US colleges and universities,
		    and $1000 for companies who will use the
		    system for research and education only.

Chez Scheme was first released earlier this year and is now being used
at about 10 universities for classes and research.  Chez Scheme supports
almost all of the required and optional features of the RRRS.  The next
major release (in spring or summer 1986) will support 100% of the
required features of the standard.

In addition to the features of the RRRS, Chez Scheme provides error and
exception handling, engines, programmable cafes and waiters (fancy
read-eval-print loops), tracing and statistics- gathering facilities,
and fast-loading compiled files.  Chez Scheme provides floating point
numbers, arbitrary-precision ratios, and arbitrary-precision integers,
but no imaginary numbers at this time.

Chez Scheme's biggest claim to fame is the speed and size of its
implementation.  It outperforms Franz Lisp and DEC Common Lisp on most
programs, but the initial core image is less than 500K bytes, about half
of which is read-only and sharable.

For the license forms and ordering information, contact:

   Kent Dybvig
   Cadence Research Systems
   620 Park Ridge Road
   Bloomington, IN  47401
   812/333-9269

You can also reach me during the day at 812/335-8653, or by electronic
mail to dyb.indiana@csnet-relay.