[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
skim (a low fat implementation of Scheme)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 87 11:10:47 +0100
From: harvard!ut-sally!uunet!mcvax!litp!ald at bbn.com
To: jar at ai.ai.mit.edu
Re: Scheme on CMS?
Organization: L.I.T.P, Universite P7, PARIS
In article <302853.871222.JAR@AI.AI.MIT.EDU> you write:
>If you know of any available implementations that are missing from the
>list, or if you discover any inaccurate information, please let me know.
There is an implementation of Scheme, that i believe is not
Name: skim (a low fat implementation of Scheme)
Authors: A. Deutsch, R. Dumeur, C. Consel, J.D. Fekete.
Runs-on: Sun, Vax, Orion under BSD Unix.
Has: An interpreter and a compiler (vax only for now).
- R3RS compatibility (but misses complex, bignums and ratios);
- extensible type system and operations;
- stop/copy gc;
- scode based interpreter.
- the system has been registered;
- binaries are available (we do not plan to distribute sources now).
- the interpreter is quite fast (5 times faster that MIT-scheme).
- the compiler is not an optimizing compiler.