PC Scheme hardware interfacing

What are good places to look (and people to ask) about details of
the PC Scheme implementation, such as how ports are constructed,
whether there are existing primitives for reading and writing memory
locations, and what useful code is floating around locally?

I am trying to interest people in my research group in using Scheme
for what hacking is done on the IBMPC, but the existing documentation
doesn't say much about hardware interfacing unless it is done through
interrupts or XLI.

I am particularly interested in anything specific to the T3100, such as
COM1 and parallel port drivers.

Please add me to the mailing list.

				Thanks,

					Tom Cloney (Muse@Oz)