[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
``Update functions'' in POP2.
- To: scheme@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU
- Subject: ``Update functions'' in POP2.
- From: Jonathan A Rees <JAR@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Wed ,11 May 88 10:50:47 EDT
- In-reply-to: Msg of Mon 9 May 88 22:51:49 edt from lyn@BASEL.AI.MIT.EDU (Franklyn Turbak)
Someone, I don't remember who, pointed out that the "setter" idea (i.e.
a function that maps an access procedure (not its name) to a
corresponding mutator) is not original with T, but was in the language
POP2. Does anyone know of a reference for this? Does anyone know how
this was implemented (global table as in Lyn's message, or local
association as in T)?