SICP query lang. compiler

I want to assign some modest amount of logic programming in a class I'm teaching
using Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, and was stymied by
the molasses-like quality of the query-language interpreter.  So I wrote a
99% compatable query-language compiler.  It is ugly, and itself slower than
it should really be, but it beats the pants off the interpreter.  It runs
undre CScheme version 5.3; I suspect it would take non-trivial but doable
effort to port it to a different scheme.  In case anyone else is in the
same position, I'd be happy to send other instructors the code, on a
completely and utterly as-is basis.
-------