Re: Scheme for the Amiga, size constraints

>I have implemented scheme 6.1 on my Amiga. I'll tell you, it's not an
>easy thing to do. First of all,there is no way CScheme will work on a
>machine with only 0.5M of RAM.I have got it working with 2.5M, but it
>really wants 4M, heavy sigh...

I can hardly believe this!  MacScheme ran well on a Mac with only 512k. What
does a Mac have that an Amiga doesn't? This is not a rhetorical question.
Here at CMU I tell people that CommonLisp is a pig for needing 6M and you are
saying 4M would be nice. Has anyone given consideration to a minimally sized
implementation?

- Andrew Hudson