Re: ML info

> I seem to remember some discussions about ML in this group several months
> ago.  Does anyone know of work on concurrent/multiprocessing versions of ML
> or object-oriented extensions to ML?

 I am working on a parallel version of CAML (the local dialect of ML).
It is an extension of a strict+lazy system (like MultiLisp), it runs
on a shared memory multiprocessor (a Sequent Balance).
 I don't know any object-oriented extension of ML. The static (compile-time)
polymorphic type-checking of ML and objects don't work well together. But
see Luca Cardelli's languages Amber and Quest.

Francis Dupont (INRIA Rocquencourt, France)

Internet : dupont@inria.inria.fr
Uucp : mcvax!inria!dupont
X400 : /C=Fr/ADMD=PTT/PRMD=aristote/ORG=inria/OU=pommard/S=Dupont/G=Francis