vanilla Scheme code now or in future?

The response to my request for vanilla Scheme code was less than
overwhelming.  Other than the Gabriel benchmarks (translated by Will
Clinger) and the examples from Abelson and Sussman (with Sussman),
I only got one other program.

(By the way, thanks to the several people who offered to send me
the SICP & Gabriel code.  I responded to everybody by mail, but some
of the mail seems to have bounced.)

There doesn't seem to be much vanilla (e.g., unextended R3RS) Scheme
code out there, so now I need to assess my options for gathering
statistics.  I can port code from other Schemes, wait for more vanilla
code to become available, or stick my gc into another language processor
such as Kyoto CL or T.

Naturally, I'd rather just wait for code to pop up if it won't be too
long.  Is anybody working on large programs that will be available
within the next year or so?  Are there projects to produce important
pieces of code in portable Scheme, the way there are for Common Lisp
(e.g., REDUCE, OPS5)?

Does anybody have any serious programs written in something *close*
to vanilla Scheme?  I might write some compatibilty macros, etc.,
and try to run some PC/Mac/Chez Scheme or T code, but I wouldn't
want to work too hard at that.  (If it's too hairy, I'll just use
a different language/processor.)

Any comments or advice on this?

   Thanks,

       Paul

Paul R. Wilson
Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory    lab ph.: (312) 413-0042
U. of Ill. at Chi. EECS Dept. (M/C 154)
Box 4348   Chicago,IL 60680              wilson@carcoar.stanford.edu