Re: Scheme -> C compilers?

I don't know anything about the status of Vincennes Scheme, but a
Scheme->C compiler was also done at DEC WRL.  Besides the required and
most of the optional items of R3RS, it includes: a compacting
generational collector, "expansion passing style" macros, a foreign
function call capability, and interfaces to X11's Xlib.

The software is not "public domain", but the license terms are fairly
liberal.  Users of the software may use, modify, copy and distribute
the software and documentation, but may not offer it for sale or
transfer it for compensation (see the actual license for complete
details).  Licensees must sign a license agreement and there is a $100
distribution fee for the software.

Send me a mail message with your postal address if you'd like further
information about licensing the software.

jfb