Scheme -> C compilers?

In 1985 MIT put out a memo on C Scheme which listed the versions
of Scheme then available in the public domain. Among them was
Vincennes Scheme, and in MIT's description they noted that a
Scheme-to-C compiler was also available. I have also
heard of such a compiler existing from other sources, but no one
was sure from where.
	I cannot get in touch with the guy responsible for Vincennes
Scheme, so I'm asking generally. Is such a compiler available? Is
it public domain? Where can it be had?
	Any info would help.
				Thanks,
					Garey Mills (garey@gtm.EBAY.sun.com)