benchmarking

re: I am in the process of composing a message explaining why I am more
    interested in making it 30% easier to get a Lisp program within 2x of C
    performance than I am in making it possible for a Lisp program to get the
    last 30% of the way to C performance.  It isn't the Lisp programs that run
    30% slower than C that make people think Lisp is slow, it is the ones that
    run 30x slower.

      Rob

Bravo!

 From one who is still a little bit behind in his mail . . .