Re: cs.misc.cmucl

We concatenate all release notes into the file .../.cmucl/doc/release.doc,
so users can see look for changes since the last manual printing.  When we
print manuals, we start the file over again, copying the old one into some
non-release area.

These often get used to update manuals since long descriptive text and good
documentation of new interfaces lives in that file.  Of course, with the
advent of incomplete sentences and whatnot, the text requires some
manipulation before it can go into the manual.  Additionally, you always
need to strip out some text that you only want in release notes, such as
text explaining why something changed, describing the delta between the new
and the old, etc.

Bill