Re: Sunos CMU CL query and Open OODB questionaire

  >>Date: Tue, 23 Jul 91 16:05:44 -0400
  >>From: Rob_MacLachlan@FRED.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU
  >>Subject: Sunos CMU CL query and Open OODB questionaire
  >>

  >>Steve, have you had any success getting CMU CL up under SUNOS?

Yup, but I haven't really used it much yet, just ran my normal tests.  Nice and
fast.  Everything worked fine on my Sparc 1, but it wouldn't come up on the
Sparc 2.  I got the nasty mapping error that Ted warned me about.  That problem
doesn't impact me, however, as I can use the Sparc 1 for now.  (I guess I
should have told Ted that, so I've copied him.) I'm in paper writing frenzy
right now, but I expect to be getting serious on the port in a couple of weeks.

  >>Here are some other people that are interested in OODB's for Lisp:
  >>    Don Cohen <donc@ISI.EDU>
  >>    Paul Wilson <wilson@cs.utexas.edu> ; formerly at university of Illinois

Thanks for the pointers.

  >>Yes, I am interested in the DARPA-funded Open OODB project at Texas Instruments.
  >>Here is the information you requested.

Would you be interested in reviewing the Lisp language binding for the system?
I am in the process of writing that document, and am just about ready to try to
put together a working group to review it and discuss the issues.  Also, in
addition to C++, Ada, and Common Lisp/CLOS, language binding working groups,
there are lots of module working groups forming (object communications, object
translation and representation, replication management, address space
management (both transient and persistent), query processing, index management,
distribution management, transaction management, meta architecture, change
management, name management, type management).  Are you interested in any of
these specific areas, or do know any people knowledgeable in any of these areas
who might be interested in participating?  Communication would be via email,
but there is a DARPA-sponsored workshop on September 25-27 to review all the
individual module specs and the C++, Ada, and Common Lisp/CLOS language
bindings.

Steve Ford
Texas Instruments
Computer Science Center