Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 04:36:12 -0500
From: rwk@crl.dec.com
To: sef+@cs.cmu.edu
Subject: [biz.dec] New Alpha docs available for ftp

Sorry to take my time getting back to you; I've been in
proposal-writing mode.  I expect you'll want more
info than is here, I'll see what I can do.
- ------- Start of forwarded message -------
Newsgroups: comp.unix.ultrix,comp.sys.dec,comp.arch,biz.dec
From: treese@crl.dec.com (Win Treese)
Subject: New Alpha docs available for ftp
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1992 00:58:11 GMT

Some new documents about Alpha and the 21064 are now available for ftp
from crl.dec.com:/pub/DEC/Alpha.  They will shortly be available on
gatekeeper.dec.com and decuac.dec.com as well.

The new documents are:

press_backgrounder.txt - Background information for the press, 25 February 1992
press_factsheet.txt - Additional fact sheet for the press, 25 February 1992
product_brief.ps - Preliminary product brief on the 21064, in PostScript form.
        Contains the most technical information of the currently available
        documents in this directory.

The complete list of available documents is now:

The directory contains documents about Digital's new processor
architecture, known as Alpha.  More documents will be made available
here over time.

The files here are:

infosheet.ps - a brief overview of the architecture and the first chip
	implementation, the 21064 (PostScript).
infosheet.txt - ASCII text version of infosheet.ps.
press_backgrounder.txt - Background information for the press, 25 February 1992
press_factsheet.txt - Additional fact sheet for the press, 25 February 1992
press_release.txt - Digital's press release of 25 February 1992 about
	the processor and the first chip implementation.
product_brief.ps - Preliminary product brief on the 21064, in PostScript form.
	Contains the most technical information of the currently available
	documents.
technical-summary.txt - A brief summary of the Alpha architecture by the
	architects.  Posted to comp.arch et al. on 25 February 1992.

To learn more about pricing and availability of the 21064
microprocessor in its 150 MHz or faster clock rate versions, contact
your local Digital sales representative. Or, in the United States,
call 1-800-DEC-2717; 1-800-DEC-2515 (TTY).

Last updated 5 March 1992

Win Treese						Cambridge Research Lab
treese@crl.dec.com					Digital Equipment Corp.
- ------- End of forwarded message -------